Marian devotion of the first 5 Saturdays of the month
Every month, on the first Saturday, for five consecutive months, in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary :
- To confess in a valid and fruitful manner
- Communion (for a just reason and with the agreement of a priest, one can make this communion on Sunday)
- Saying the Rosary
- To accompany the Blessed Virgin Mary by meditating on the mysteries of her person and her life.
- In return, the Blessed Virgin Mary promised special graces of sanctification and fidelity during life and the assurance of her maternal assistance at the hour of death in order to reach heaven.
5 Saturdays, because there are 5 particular kinds of sins committed against the Immaculate Heart :
- against the truth of her Immaculate Conception,
- against her perpetual virginity,
- against his divine motherhood and spiritual motherhood over men,
- against children who are taught indifference or contempt for Her,
- against its images and statues desecrated by vandalism and willful destruction...
This is the practice requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary, when she appeared in Fatima (Portugal) in 1917 and explained a few years later to Sister Lucia, one of the three visionaries who became a nun.